I started getting into Moscow Mules. There seems to be a resurgence of this simple drink of Vodka, Lemon Juice and Ginger Beer. To kick things up a notch, I came up with a flavorful addition using dried hibiscus flowers.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1.5 oz Vodka
- 4 oz Ginger Beer
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp dried hibiscus flowers
- Make ahead the ice cubes by adding boiling water to hibiscus flowers, steep for 15 minutes, then pour into an ice cube tray and freeze.
- Using a mule mug or highball glass, pour the vodka in and lemon juice.
- Add a few hibiscus ice cubes and stir.
- Add the ginger beer and server.