My aunt is almost done completing her naturopath degree and had long been an advocate for looking at more natural remedies. Feeling cruddy? A simple cup of tea made from good organic dried Thyme leaves really helps keep things at bay or helps minimize the down time. Sometimes it’s nice to do a little “house cleaning” with the body and this tea has different elements of herbs and spices that help.
- 1 tbs organic Spearmint or Peppermint leaf
- 1 tbs organic Dandelion Root
- 2 tsp organic Ginger Root
- 1 tsp organic Allspice Berries, whole
- 1 tsp organic Licorice Root
- 1 tsp organic Parsley Root
- 1 fresh Lemon, squeezed
- Combine herbs in a quart-sized Mason jar. Pour 4 cups boiling water over and let steep over night. or a minimum of 30 minutes. Strain. The mixture can be reheated, brought to room temperature or served cold. Add fresh squeezed lemon juice prior to serving.