I first had Hibiscus when visiting the Native American Museum at the Smithsonian in Washington, DC. They made a wonderful ice tea with a zing. I decided to recreate a similar flavor, which can be served hot or cold.
- 1 tbs Dried Hibiscus Flower
- 2 tsp Dried Lemon Verbena
- Honey, to taste
- Fresh lemon
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a sauce pan or tea kettle.
- Place herbs in tea pot along with boiling water if using a tea kettle or in sauce pan with boiling water.
- Steep for 15-30 minutes.
- Serve with honey, if a sweeter taste is desired.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice to add an extra fresh zing of lemon.